serious-personal

Wishing Jonathan well!

Wishing Jonathan Rhys Meyers Well!
Please keep in mind The Sun is a tabloid and is the source of the “news” spreading fast online. Nothing has been officially confirmed or denied. We don’t know what really did or did not happen. If anything official is announced, that will be the only news reported on the JRMfansite out of respect to Jonathan. We don’t want to participate in spreading gossip, rumors and speculation.

Regardless, the outpouring of love and good will towards Jonathan on twitter, facebook, message boards, etc. has been heart warming to see. This talented actor has touched many lives with all the roles he’s played and it’s always upsetting to hear troubling reports about his well being. The JRMfansite continues to support Jonathan professionally and personally as we chronicle and follow his career. Please join in wishing Jonathan and his family love, peace, and privacy during this difficult time.

UPDATE: According to the Hollywood Reporter, a source close to Jonathan says this was NOT a suicide attempt. Jonathan’s representatives have declined comment at this time. Please keep posting all of your wonderful comments in this thread. Comments are held for moderation and will not appear automatically.

All comments will printed and sent to Jonathan’s management in time for July 27. The cut-off for comments is July 20.

COMMENTS ARE NOW CLOSED.

serious-personal Jonathan Rhys Meyers

1. Ana says

I wish I could read to you; all the poems you inspired.

Be well, be wise, be who you are, extraordinary, mesmerising and mercurial.

Wish you could feel what you make people feel.

x x x Ana (Alara on the forums)

2. Daniela says

Jonathan remember that a lot of people love you and admire you in your art. We need to continue seeing you, see your smile makes me smile. It is not always easy, but strive to be happy.
    Hugs and kisses from Argentina

Daniela

3. Susan says

Saying a prayer for you everynight. I have never enjoyed watching an actor so much. You reach down into our hearts with your talent. God Bless you and a speedy recovery. Don’t you give up, I am eagerly waiting to see your next film. You inspire me with your talent. Everyone that I told to watch you on the Tudors was blown away. You are one in a million. Love yourself, cause we love you.

4. Linda G. says

Jon…you are loved more than you’ll ever know. You were amazing in The Tudors. Millions of people watched it because of YOU. I look forward to seeing you in your next project and many many more in a long and happy career. Love ya.

5. Christina says

Jonny, you are in my thoughts everyday! I believe you are a strong man and nothing can bring you down. You have so many unexploited talents and I will be eager to see your works in the days to come. Take care of your health and many loves to you.

Christina from China :)

6. Patricia says

You have a great talent and sincerly I think we need you in someway. But, it’s a selfish thought of my own need, maybe it’s not what you need to hear. ;) If you need something, you can count on us and just remember you’re not alone and many people love you. ;)

7. Marlene says

“I went after what I wanted even though there were many obstacles in my path. Everyday was a another day I was here and everyday I was in charge of here.”

“Sometimes it’s real, sometimes it’s a dream, other times a nightmare…whichever it is at the moment, it is mine.”

“It’s not outside of the window that matters, it’s the person inside the mirror.”

God Bless…

8. Claire says

Dear Jonny, it takes bravery to live the life you want. You are a special person who has achieved so much in your life, take time now for yourself and you can and will get better, all your fans will still be here for you. Thinking of you everyday. Much love xx

9. Celia says

Dear Jonathan,
    The only thing I want to tell you is that you are an excellent actor and we do care about you. I’ll never forget what you have brought to me since the first time I saw you on the TV. Now it’s my turn to show something good to you. Do you know what is the most valuable thing in the world? It’s love. It comes from your families and friends, and it can also come from strangers. No matter what you are going through, please believe in love and hope. Hope that you can give us a big smile one day.

10. Kandise says

We are all here for you and praying for your health.

11. Amber says

Hi Jonathan,

We love you here in Canada. You are a great actor and an inpiration.

Julia thinks you’re hawt!!!!! (work buddy). You need to come and visit us here.

On a more serious thought, we will keep you in our thoughts that you will find the strength to overcome your troubles.

Take care
    Amber and Julia
    (doing things we shouldn’t be doing at work :) )

12. Chela says

Big hugs to you, Jonathan.

I understand everything you’re going through. Been there, done that, bought the damn t-shirt too.
    Take your time, you’ll find yourself again. Trust.

Much love,
    Chela

13. Katie says

Dearest JRM,
    Just read you are going back for more help with your alcohol disease. Take it from someone that has experienced similar experiences, YOU are the ONLY one to help yourself! You can only rely on YOU. I pray that you find the strength, determination, and the commitment to deal with this disease.
    I adore you! Please start loving yourself…Katie in Arizona USA XOXO

14. maidenchoice says

There is so much I’d like to say to you, but I’ll just say that your life is precious & your career is remarkable. You need to value yourself. God allowed you to live, after such a rough start. He has even more plans for you. You must count your many blessings & not dwell on your problems. Your Mother would want peace & contentment for you….not turmoil. Please be grateful for all the gifts you’ve been given. Tell the whole truth when in therapy. Get the bugs out of your mind & discuss them openly. Maybe it’s not quite as bad as it seems. You have no idea how many people care about you & are pulling for you. Think of people you truly admire & try to live like them. God bless you, sweetheart. I wish I could hug you & talk for hours. You need to get back on the right track. I know you can do it. Much love to you.

15. Shamyra Guevara says

Hi Jonny,

I hope you get better soon. You have so many wonderful fans out there including me that care a great deal about you! Stay strong and just know that even though we are far away we are all here for you!
    Love, Shamyra, Ruben, Ciana, Malik from (Campbell, CA)

16. Olga says

Dear Jonathan! You are great actor and a nice man! I wish you all the best every day of my life!! I hope that you get better soon!
    Olga
    From Russia with LOVE !

17. Cheri says

Last summer I spent my time recovering from hip surgery watching the Tudors, because of you–and then all the rest of your films (maybe 22 or so). As a result, you are somewhat a part of my life- as you are for so many of us who know you only through your films. But you are a part nonetheless. I worry for you and wish you the best. I know sometimes it gets hard to live our lives but you have the blessing of family, friends and even people you do not yet know who care about you and wish only the best for you. Please draw on our support for the strength to get through the tough times. Take care.
    Cheri

18. Trudy Queen says

God grant me the serenity
    To accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

19. melissa Holmes says

Dean Jonathan,

I know you are going through a rough patch right now but don’t give up. I know you have very supportive fans ( like me!!) and others that are close to you that only want to see you succeed. I enjoy all of your films and still watch the Tudors all the time. I know right now there a lot of things playing on your mind, remember that you are your worst critic but your greatest supporter. Life as a actor must be hard as your whole life becomes an open book but just know that there are a lot of people standing behind you to help you along. I wish you all the best and my thoughts are with you. Lots of hugs and kisses from Ontario, Canada

Melissa Holmes XOXOXOX

20. Tereza Lau says

hi Jonathan,
    I want to tell is that you are an excellent actor. I wish good vibrations.
    I love you.

21. Kandise says

‘No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.’
    1 Corinthians 10:13

22. Landon says

Jonathan, I wanted to say that I am a huge fan of yours. I have many of your films and I think you are an AMAZING talent. Talent like yours is hard to come by these days. I hope you are well; I will be praying for you. Take care and happy early birthday :)

23. melissa says

Dear Jonathan,

I’m sorry to hear that you have been going through a rough period in your life. As they say these types of events can only make you stronger. Take some time to put yourself first for a while and everything will work out. You have alot of people standing behind you to watch you succeed. All the best. I think you are a great actor and look forward to seeing more movies. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Big hugs and kisses from Ontario Canada.

Melissa XOXOXOX

24. Juana Lucia Rosales de la Rosa says

Your fans love you Jonathan and we want you to be well, my prayers are with you. I was born the same year you were born. You are young. I know this is a very difficult time for you but remember you are not alone, God will take care of you, tell him your problems and let him to solve the difficulties of your life, love from Mexico

25. Nina says

Dear Jonathan,
    I just want to tell you that every problem can be solved and the battle can still be won until death comes. You are not alone, we need you. You are in our hearts, so tough it out!

Comments are now closed on this post.