serious-personal

Wishing Jonathan well!

Wishing Jonathan Rhys Meyers Well!
Please keep in mind The Sun is a tabloid and is the source of the “news” spreading fast online. Nothing has been officially confirmed or denied. We don’t know what really did or did not happen. If anything official is announced, that will be the only news reported on the JRMfansite out of respect to Jonathan. We don’t want to participate in spreading gossip, rumors and speculation.

Regardless, the outpouring of love and good will towards Jonathan on twitter, facebook, message boards, etc. has been heart warming to see. This talented actor has touched many lives with all the roles he’s played and it’s always upsetting to hear troubling reports about his well being. The JRMfansite continues to support Jonathan professionally and personally as we chronicle and follow his career. Please join in wishing Jonathan and his family love, peace, and privacy during this difficult time.

UPDATE: According to the Hollywood Reporter, a source close to Jonathan says this was NOT a suicide attempt. Jonathan’s representatives have declined comment at this time. Please keep posting all of your wonderful comments in this thread. Comments are held for moderation and will not appear automatically.

All comments will printed and sent to Jonathan’s management in time for July 27. The cut-off for comments is July 20.

COMMENTS ARE NOW CLOSED.

august-rush

1. Jeanette Andersson says

I just wanted to say that life will be better for you, so do not give up! Because committing suicide is not the answer to your problems. Believe me I know. I have been fighting with severe depressions for years and I even try to take my own life. Not once, but twice. The last time the doctors did not understand why I survived, I should have died, but thank God that I did not.

And today life is better. Not perfect, but ok. Actually, more than ok.

I guess in a way it is easier for me, because I can fight my demons alone, in private. You have to deal with your problems in the eyes of the public and in the press. But, it is possible for you too!

I wish you all the best! And rembember, life is so fragile, so hard sometimes, but its also so beautiful!

// Jeanette

2. Dorothy A. says

Hang in there, and please take good and gentle care of yourself. As a mom whose son lost his life in a careless accident, I know it was a loss to the world as well, And you, believe me, have much more to give and receive in this life, and the world knows it too. We do not want to lose you. Prayers and love and joy to you.

3. Ksenia says

Dear Jonathan! I hope you will take care of yourself and get well! You are an amazing actor and you have many fans who love you and admire you! Wish you all the best, love and happiness

4. Diana says

You are a crazy talented actor, and every single project you’re involved in improves immediately because of you. I honestly cannot think of a single thing you did where you weren’t the life of it, whether it were “The Tudors” or “From Paris with Love” or anything else, whether you were the main character or a supporting one.
    Also, despite never having met you unfortunately, all the stories I heard of people meeting you, tell me you are a wonderful person.
    I seriously hope you find a healthy way to deal with your demons, we all have them, better or worse. Just know that you are held in high esteem by countless people, and that you seriously make a difference in the world.
    I really hope you find happiness and bliss, everyone deserves it!
    Looking forward to your new project!

Love and hugs from Portugal!!

5. petra says

dear Jonny
    my heart stopped beating a sec…
    I send my love; strength and best wishes to you. We can’t loose a great actor like you..hope that these messages help you a lot; you helped me a lot to overcome the death of my brother..
    hugs ‘nd kisses
    Petra (Netherlands)

6. Jen says

We’re all wishing you the best and looking for a speedy recovery. We can’t wait to see you get back to what you do best! Stay strong, keep your head up and take it one day at a time. Good luck, our thoughts and prayers are with you! :)

7. Chris says

Get well fast, we’re all pulling for you! You’re one of my favorite actors, so hang in there! You’ve got a lot of fans out there! :) God bless!

8. MIGUEL ELASMAR says

Jon: From Bogota,Colombia I wish you the best outcome from this transitory situation. I have been there in a thanks God long ago past. Now sober for +23 years. I’m an alcohol/addiction online counsler and available 24/7 if you should at any time need any help or support. You are a great human being and actor; but in that order. First you, then your profession. With all respect, Miguel Elasmar. BOG-July 2-2011

9. Sheri says

Jonathan,

Sending warm thoughts and well wishes. Much love to you during this difficult time. I join your other fans in sending you a big virtual hug.

Be well.

10. Susan K. says

Jonathan,
    You’re always in my thoughts. Stand Beside Me. Hothouse Flowers.

11. carlo says

Hi Jonathan,
    You giving up would mean that this world would lose not only a talented actor but also a fantastic human being.
    I trust you will find a way out.

12. Ilhana says

Dear Jonathan,

Get well soon! I’m imagining you reading this while already being up-and-about and being your wonderful self as always.

For the past 13 years I’ve loved your work and followed your career, ever since a VHS of Velvet Goldmine found its way to our local video rental store, which would not be surprising were it not for the fact that only a couple of years before, my country was being torn apart by war… You were a revelation to me and I enjoyed seeing you progress into various roles, where you’ve met and exceeded each challenge presented to you. Please continue to do so!

Sending much love to one of my favourite actors from Bosnia and Herzegovina!
    *Blessings & hugs*

13. Kandise says

Praying for your health and happiness everyday. You got this…..you can do it!!!!!

until tomorrow…Kandise

14. June Paley says

Take care Jonathan. Much love xx

15. Brittany F. says

Jonathan,

You are an amazingly beautiful and talented man in so many ways. You will be in my thoughts, and I wish only the best for you and your family. Whatever it is you are going through, I hope you are surrounded by people who love you and I wish for you to have the strength to come out a stronger and better person out of this. I hope you get well and best wishes.

Love,
    Brittany

16. Natalia says

Not sure how to say anything – the only thing I feel I need to mention is: being an artist Jonathan is such a vulnerable and such an important human being at the same time. It would be great for him to know how meaningful his work is for people who watch him. Knowing you have the support of people who don’t know you personally is not enough for sure, but maybe it can help anyway. Dealing with addiction is extremely hard for anyone, but maybe it can be made easier if you are fully aware of the support and love that people send you from around the world. Kiss.

17. Aleksandra says

We need you. Bless you.

18. Marina says

Jonathan, my heart wishes you harmony and love. I have no idols but you are that actor whose work influenced me. You are really talented person. Beijos e abraços from Brazil!

19. Bennita says

Hey babes, life would be sooo much better with you in it, I wish you well. Lots of love x

20. Mary D. says

Jon, I first saw you in Elvis, a movie role which fit you like a glove. Following your career, I love to look at your gorgeous face and hate to think of you in so much pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.

21. Jillie says

When life looks darkest…..look up! God is there, ask him! Being
    your #1 fan, I pray for you regularly. Love you, love your work!

22. Jillie says

Jonny, I fell in love with Louis Connelly, then again with George Hogg and Chris Wilton. Maybe you can live without us…..but we cannot live without you!

23. Heather Duke says

Jonathan…you are my heart and all of my inspiration comes from your wonderful work both as an actor, and as a humanitarian. I have followed your work since the beginning and you never cease to amaze me. You deserve all the happiness and joy that can be given because it is you that brings so much of both to my life amd the lives of countless others. I pray that you find peace within yourself….with all the love in my heart….

24. Yasmin from Venezuela says

Dear Jon: Greetings from a south american country where people admire your work and your talent. You are a very lovely person and we pray that you can defeat all your troubles with the help of your family. But if you have no family consider mine yours. You will always be welcome. Muchos besos! Ps: Praying for you everyday

25. Ivonne Grübener says

Dear JRM,

Sometimes the pressure of live, exigencies and expectations seem to overrun us. The higher you get and feel, the more you fear to fall, the bigger is the fear not to endure the next challange.
    But be happy: You can feel, even if this means to bear pain and exhaustion. We all suffer from time to time – some of us more, some of us less. The more intense you’re able to feel, the more difficult it is to endure these attitudes of emotions. But be happy: You aren’t stoic. :-)))

You are beloved with respect, mind and passion!

Big hug,
    Ivonne.

1 4 5 6 7 8 13

Comments are now closed on this post.