Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Jonny recording in his near future?

Radio 2 has posted a wonderful interview with Jonathan recorded during the 2010 Abu Dhabi Film Festival. He talks about his travels in the area, his career experiences, Belle du Seigneur, as well as talks about his family during which Jonathan reveals information about recording next year with his brother! Unfortunately, the interviewer didn’t follow up to find out more! Here’s a transcript from the part where he mentions this:

Accalia: You come from quite a musical, creative family, don’t you?

Jonathan: Yah, my dad is a musician. He’s been a gigging musician, what we call a working musician his whole life.

My brother’s a singer/songwriter. I’m doing some recording with him in the new year.

I have another brother who plays for an alternative rock band on the East Coast of the United States. They’re becoming very popular. They’re doing some gigs. They got an award recently in Los Angeles so he’s kind of alternative rock, prog rock they call it, progressive rock. And he’s an incredibly talented musician. He’s a bass player, but a technical bass player so he’s playing for his own band but then he’s doing session work with a lot of people… a lot of reggae bands, a lot of soul and blues artists, and stuff like that.

Accalia: Do you consider yourself a musician?

Jonathan: No.

Accalia: But I’ve seen your films where you’ve sung though.

Jonathan: I have sung but I don’t consider myself a muscian. I have another brother whose a wonderful drummer, and he’s a wonderful musician but he’s actually working on the TV series Hawaii Five-0.

Accalia: That’s so cool.

Jonathan: He’s wife is assistant to the lead actor Alex O’Loughlin. And Jamie is the stand in for Scott Caan.

Accalia: Creative family then.

Be sure to listen to the full interview. It’s a real treat!

1. Rocío says
    28 October 10 at 8:20am

He is wonderful, thank you very much for all the news Alyse

2. Shirley says
    28 October 10 at 12:56pm

Alyse, just quick message to thank you for keeping us fans up to date with all this great good news. Looking forward to listening to interview

3. Rebecca says
    29 October 10 at 4:13pm

Thanks for all the great information!
    I am trying to figure out how to listen to interview though…when I click on link I get a error message.

Cheers!
    Rebecca

29 October 10 at 5:07pm

I’m not sure what could the error. It’s a Flash player so you have to using a computer/browser with the latest version of Flash installed.

5. Sheri says
    10 November 10 at 1:49pm

I too get an error message. I am using Mozilla and have the latest version of Flash.

Curious.

Thanks for the update anyway. I would love to hear more from Jonathan musically. He’s got talent to spare. :D

6. Jennifer says
    11 November 10 at 2:26pm

I love the interview!!! It’ll be terrific to hear more from Jonathan musically, and the new film he’s working on sounds wonderful :)

7. Rebecca says
    18 November 10 at 3:08pm

OMGosh! I finally got this to work : ) Nice to hear the accent again : ) woots!
    Thanks again for posting.

Cheers!
    Rebecca

8. astaroth says
    06 December 10 at 6:03am

Does somebody know what´s the name of his brother´s band? :)

9. Debbie says
    10 February 11 at 12:06am

Anyone know which brother is the singer / songwriter and which is in the alternative rock band in the US? I’m guessing it’s Ali and then Paul respectively.

Also, I wonder how Jamie can be a stand in for Scott Caan, on Hawaii 5-O they look nothing alike. Oh well, at least it’s work. Good for him. Good for all of them. They’re so talented! I still wish I could find where to purchase the music of the brothers former group, Suzy’s Field. Anyone know that either? Can’t find it on itunes and am having trouble purchasing from myspace music.

10. Jessica says
    12 May 11 at 11:48am

I would like to see a movie where his music is played with him in it playing himself.