Back in Rehab

From People Magazine comes official word that Jonathan is back in London seeking treatment for his alcoholism:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers Returns to Rehab
Tuesday May 18, 2010 08:55 PM EDT

The Tudors star Jonathan Rhys Meyers will return to London for treatment again for his alcohol addiction, PEOPLE has confirmed.

“He just really wants to get better,” says a source close to the actor. “This has been an ongoing battle for him.”

Rhys Meyers first entered rehab in April 2007. He was arrested that November for public intoxication at the Dublin airport and was detained by police in June 2009 at the Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris after allegedly assaulting an airport lounge employee while drunk.

The actor’s rep confirms to PEOPLE that he is again seeking treatment for his addiction, but declined further comment.

The JRMfansite does not condone the alleged behavior that gossip blogs have reported about Jonathan’s recent incident at JFK airport in New York City. Alcoholism is a disease that Jonathan will have to combat the rest of his life. The JRMfansite wishes Jonathan peace and serenity as he continues to battle his personal demons.

1. karen finken says
    23 May 10 at 9:00am

He has had to act for all these new roles, etc. It’s not easy to enhance these acting needs, crying, anger, fear, etc. The alcohol allowed him to open up his inner self. Acting – turning yourself into someone else – Henry VIII not an easy thing to do. I wish him all the success to rid himself of all this stuff he had to produce. He’s been pushing it too much… needs a year off to rest!!!! Concentrate on Reena and marriage and have your own life.

2. Zayna says
    23 May 10 at 9:13am

Best wishes to Jonathan during this difficult time.

3. Stacey Dales says
    23 May 10 at 9:17am

Get well soon Jonathan x

4. alexandra says
    23 May 10 at 10:39am

we wish jonathan the best in this struggle

5. stefania says
    23 May 10 at 1:01pm

This is the first important step: you’ll win the battle
    I’m close to you and I hug you tight
    I love you
    stefania

6. Jan says
    23 May 10 at 3:27pm

My wish for you is to be healthy and whole – just caught your performance in August Rush and loved you in it. You are waging a difficult battle; I have been sober for over 25 years, but it is always a struggle. You have my support.

7. christiane says
    24 May 10 at 2:01am

I could be your mother and I am affected by your suffering. Take the time for healing your deep wound. You must learn to control your emotions and it is not alcohol who help you do to it. You are young and a beautiful man and you are loved. I fondly kiss you and I looking forward to see you quickly recover your health.

8. Sofia says
    24 May 10 at 9:05am

Jonathan, PLEASE GET BETTER!
    Take the time you need to be okay, we are gonna miss you!
    I hope you can learn from all this and restart your life in a different and better way. We LOVE you, JRM!
    You can count with all your fans’s support :)

9. Katie says
    24 May 10 at 9:22am

I pray that JRM commits to sobriety for himself.
    No girlfriend, family member, etc. can make you stay sober.
    Do it for yourself, then you own it and it’s your responsibility.
    You are an amazing talent and you can do this!
    Thank you for your honesty, always…now, be honest with yourself!
    All the best, you beautiful man….Katie G in AZ

10. Lisa says
    24 May 10 at 9:44am

I hope and pray for you thru this difficult time! You are a wonderful actor. I had the pleasure of meeting you once during the filming of the Tudors and you were so very kind! My family and I are praying for you! We wish you nothing but happiness! You also have my love and support!

11. Lisa Rainey says
    24 May 10 at 3:19pm

Jonathan, sending you much love and support during this time. Been thinking about you a lot lately. My father passed away in Sept. 2009. I have always admired you as a person and great storyteller and I always wanted your advise on how you dealt with your mother’s death. The way you spoke of her, she must have been a great LADY!!!!! LOVE*KISSES*PRAYERS Luv U LISA P.S. YOU ARE A BRAVE AND STRONG PERSON

12. jana says
    24 May 10 at 10:43pm

I am sending you a big hug and a lot of positive energy, dear Jonathan. Be strong, we all believe in you! You just need some time off, just for yourself, you worked so hard through all these years. Get well, we are waiting for you and we love you!

13. Chris in MN says
    25 May 10 at 9:30am

Just wanted to offer my undying support as well. Anyone who can make me melt like a fourteen year old girl by virtue of his voice alone (From Paris, With Love) is a bloody magician in my book. Not to mention he’s spicier than Mexican food in Hell’s Kitchen, NYC.

Get well soon, Jonny. I think Robert Downey, Jr. is taking your roles while you’re away.

14. kImberly says
    25 May 10 at 6:08pm

Its ironic how someone with such amazing talent and sooo beautiful can seemingly be wasting it away to this disease. I think we sometimes take for granted the short time that we have in this life. I hope he learns from this and turns it into a positive learning experience that makes him a wiser and stronger person. Make it count Jonathan!(Your life that is!) It is what you make it and you can make it into a truly amazing experience, just remember…it is you who are in the drivers seat of your life, you just need to choose which direction to take it in. Nice to see that you have taken a moment to stop and ask for directions though.(Ya know being a man and all! ;-) hee hee)

15. Nath says
    26 May 10 at 11:34am

Thinking of you Johnny.
    I hope you’ll feel better soon.
    Love and hugs.
    xoxoxoxoxo

16. semp says
    29 May 10 at 8:13am

I like all the things about Jonny… best wishes to you!

17. Kelly says
    29 May 10 at 7:00pm

Please take care of yourself!!! You give sooooo much pleasure to sooooo many people. I hope you realize how fantastic you are and start to be healthy….I want you around for a long time!!!! ;)

18. 30 May 10 at 1:41am

I hope, you will find the thing, that is missing from your life somewhere outside the alcohol.

You can do it, Jonathan.
    I love you.

19. Carol says
    30 May 10 at 5:04am

Johnny, I am rooting for you to get well with all my heart. You have loads of fans like myself who really love you and want you to get over all your troubles. Take time out for yourself. You have a great talent and you are a beautiful man.. We want to see you back on our screens fit and in good health but only when the time is right for you.

20. K says
    30 May 10 at 3:19pm

Darkness is always an inextricable part of the most stunningly complex beings — everyone who is in awe of you and your art knows this, and believes in you, and loves you.

There is something beautiful that I wish I could give to you to read, if I knew you. But instead, something even more beautiful from Rilke:

21. sarf says
    31 May 10 at 2:11pm

awwww jonny love u lots. hope everything goes really well, u always have my support, wishing ya all the best, u r such a great person no matter what happens, we all go through hard times in lyf, but the most important thing is to make it through and move on, and there are so many of us that got ur back, u can do it, love u lots mhwuazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

22. anna von kleve says
    31 May 10 at 8:59pm

be strong! you are the best!
    with much love!
    see you next time! cork in august?
    anna von kleve-berlin-london

23. djepok says
    02 June 10 at 1:09pm

Like this. Keep Spirit and Smile ^_^

24. Susanne says
    02 June 10 at 10:46pm

its a f***ing illness

25. jana says
    07 June 10 at 1:05am

I`m thinking about you and I hope you`re well!

“Build on your hope, one day at a time,
    Though the road be steep and hard to climb.
    The hurts of the past – they should be dead.
    The fears of the future are all in your head.
    Just live in the present and refuse to mope
    Your life will sparkle for you’re living in hope.” (by Brian Quinn)