Back in Rehab

From People Magazine comes official word that Jonathan is back in London seeking treatment for his alcoholism:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers Returns to Rehab
Tuesday May 18, 2010 08:55 PM EDT

The Tudors star Jonathan Rhys Meyers will return to London for treatment again for his alcohol addiction, PEOPLE has confirmed.

“He just really wants to get better,” says a source close to the actor. “This has been an ongoing battle for him.”

Rhys Meyers first entered rehab in April 2007. He was arrested that November for public intoxication at the Dublin airport and was detained by police in June 2009 at the Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris after allegedly assaulting an airport lounge employee while drunk.

The actor’s rep confirms to PEOPLE that he is again seeking treatment for his addiction, but declined further comment.

The JRMfansite does not condone the alleged behavior that gossip blogs have reported about Jonathan’s recent incident at JFK airport in New York City. Alcoholism is a disease that Jonathan will have to combat the rest of his life. The JRMfansite wishes Jonathan peace and serenity as he continues to battle his personal demons.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers singing The Lion in Winter

1. darcy says
    07 June 10 at 5:49am

Addiction is NOT a choice. A part of me hopes JRM does not read these posts, they presume to know. No one knows what anyone else is going through nor can they provide advise on how to make it better. The disease is quite more complicated. I too struggle everyday, it doesn’t just go away with rest. It is a part of who the person is, love em or leave em alone!

2. ana says
    07 June 10 at 8:32pm

Please be strong!! I know you can do it, you are the best actor for me, and your work is really good, I need see you again in the theaters soon. I support you.
    You are like the tigers or the orchids: A nature caprice …remember!! Many people and ME love you…

3. Aniko says
    08 June 10 at 7:15am

I can’t grasp why this story became such a big topic which is condemned by everyone. I think if they offer vodka in the VIP lounge people can drink it.

Johnny, don’t listen what people say, just do your good work in the movies as always. You are a great actor and a great, sincere & sensitive man. Don’t allow them to crush you!!!

4. sado ahmed says
    08 June 10 at 8:16am

Dear Jonathan Rhys Meyers,
    You’re my favourite actor and I terribly feel sad that your an alcohol addict. However there’s a way I think you can win over alcohol which is faith. Find yourself a religion that prohibits you from drugs and alcohol, than follow it up. I also believe that faith gives inner peace. I have never tasted any alcohol before so I don’t know the reason for drinking? Sorry if I am out of line. I just want to help my favourite actor. Perhaps to do with depression or stress and that can be managed by you or how you feel from it. I mean never keep how you feel to your self, it will eat up your life and make you do stupid things. You need a strong partner that you can share everything with and who does not drink and supports you. Its normal, no one is perfect, everyone has a weak point so don’t embrace it.

The best is to confess and you feel relieved no matter how hard it is. My advice to you is always look at the bright side of life. Pleasem I care about you and want the best for you so stop this disease of alcohol however you can. Just be careful of the films you act in. Don’t just focus on the money you make it from, your dignity comes first. The reason is FROM PARIS WITH LOVE was outrageous for some communities especially for Muslim community. I am a Muslim but I was not angry with you because I know all about media. I feel for you Jonathan. Good luck and all the best.
    Lots of love,
    Sado Ahmed Omar

5. sam says
    09 June 10 at 4:43pm

Hi Jonny,

I know this time is difficult, and getting sober is like climbing Mount Everest every day I know. I lost a little daughter when I was only 22 and you were an inspiration to me in Cork in 2004 in the Hill (Patricks Hilll). You came into a meeting with a friend of yours and I was terribly upset. You put your hand in my hand, and I knew everything would be ok and it was. Time passes, we hit 30 and we do heal you know. We got to keep it real. I am now raising a beautiful 4 year old daughter and going into Third year at University, baby steps my friend.

Journeys Pleasant and sorrows few.
    Sam xx

6. Sylvie XX says
    12 June 10 at 5:12pm

Dear Jonathan,

Please listen to your heart. Can you feel all that love from your true fans? I hope so much that you can love yourself as much as we love you.
    You are a wonderful gifted young man. The most fascinating and unique actor. Please be very strong now and learn to stop your addiction. It must be very very hard.

Jonny, get well soon, but take the time you need.
    God bless you.

With all my love,
    XOXO Sylvie

7. s says
    13 June 10 at 3:10am

best wishes and i hope you find the strength to beat this…………luv s xx

8. Becky says
    14 June 10 at 6:07pm

I hope to enjoy your work for many years to come, Jonathan, so please take care of yourself.

9. Rebecca says
    24 June 10 at 6:45pm

Hullo Jonny,

You are such a talent! Stay strong…sending you good vibes.

::huggles::
    Rebecca

10. Alizarine says

Dear Jonathan,

I am so sorry to hear you have an alcohol addiction. I’ve witnessed the struggle it is from nearby for many years. Know from what I saw and read about it, it has nothing to do with lack of willpower or strength or that kind of stuff. It is a disease, like said before here, and I hope you get good treatment. I hope all the messages on this site, can somehow cheer you up. At least it proves you mean a lot to a lot of people. I saw you on the Tudors and fell in love with the series because of you. You’re a very talented actor and a pleasure to look at. Wishing you well. God bless you.

Alizarine

11. April says

Jonny-
    I wish you the best of luck in your recovery! I know it’s a struggle, but keep true to yourself and to the people you love, and you will overcome this. I am a single mother of a 4 yr old son, and I have seen first hand how addictions can tear your heart and soul apart..and those around you! I wish you the best of luck, to one of the most BRILLIANT actors I have ever watched!! Courage, strength and wisdom!!! Love, April

12. laryssa troniak says

from a fellow actor based in vancouver best wishes … and have a great birthday on july 27th

13. Mary says

Get well soon. I will pray for you. You have such a gift for acting. NEVER FORGET IT!!!

14. Elizabeth says

Johnny,
    Hope you are recovering. Be strong, trust in god. Lost one son to alcohol and drugs… You are such a good actor. Take one day at a time. Would love to meet you in person someday… Keeping you in my prayers. Wish you a very Happy Birthday!

15. mendia says

happy brithday!! I hope you have a brilliant day!

You are one older year, also you are more wise, mature and interesting man, and also you preserve this freshness in your face that makes you irresistible.

You are an incredible actor.

If you did not exist I would have to invent you, your performance do not make indifferent anybody. Take your time to rest, to recover.

A strong embrace.

16. Carol says

Jonny take strength from the love your fans have for you. You have incredible presence and when you are on the screen you are so charismatic. Although I do not know you, I feel you are a sincere and genuine man. Happy birthday and keep well and strong for your family, friends, us your fans, but mostly for yourself. I lost my dad at the same time you lost your mum and know what you are going through – it takes time.

I send a hug to cherish you.

17. Susan says
    02 September 10 at 10:10pm

Best wishes and a healthy year to you. Can’t wait to see your next movie. You are such a talent. You don’t realize how your acting impacts others. God Bless.

18. Just me says
    18 December 10 at 2:36pm

I wish you all the best, Jonathan.
    You can beat this!