Unfortunate news to report

Many news and gossip sites have been picking up some troubling news from this past weekend. It’s important to note that none of these reports have been confirmed yet and there’s been no comment from Jonathan or his management about this matter. The following is a report from People:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers Held After Airport Brawl
By Peter Mikelbank
Originally posted Wednesday June 24, 2009 12:45 PM EDT

Tudors star Jonathan Rhys Meyers was detained by French police on Saturday afternoon following an incident in which he allegedly assaulted an airport lounge employee while drunk, Agence France Presse reports.

The Irish actor, 31, was placed in custody for several hours for having a skirmish with bar employees and allegedly punching one at the Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris, according to reports.

The incident began when a bartender at the café area “Le Quotidien” in the departure area of the airport at terminal 2F refused to serve the actor, who appeared drunk, according to the news service. A shouting match developed between Rhys Meyers and the bar manager. Then when another bar employee tried to separate the pair, Rhys Meyers swung and punched the intervening waiter.

Police handcuffed the actor when placing him in custody, and sources tell PEOPLE that the actor remained in a sober lock-up area for three hours before being released.

The AFP reports that Rhys Meyers has been told to appear before the Correctional Tribunal in Bobigny in September to answer charges concerning, “voluntary violence, contempt, issuing death threats and assault,” according to a judicial source.

The Tudors actor was previously arrested for public intoxication in November 2007 at the Dublin airport. In April of the same year he spent time in a rehab facility for treatment.

A rep for Rhys Meyers had no comment.

I know that Jonathan has amazing and supportive fans from around the world. Please join me in wishing him and his family the very best during this difficult situation and that he continues to get help as he deals with his personal demons.

serious-personal

1. Alice says
    25 June 09 at 5:55am

I’ll love and support him always,no matter what!!!!jonathan,i hope that our love will give you power to beat your fears!i love you!you can always count on me!!!!Good lord be with you Jonathan…

2. Malissa Turley says
    25 June 09 at 10:00am

All phenomonal actors are embroyled in self doubt and turbulence. Most say they are afraid of being” found out”.
    That is their way of saying whats next? or Will I ever work Again?
    With this being the last season of the Tudors and 2 movies cancelled and what the hell is up with Reena. I understand why he drinks. He will stop when he realizes he was found out long ago and he is a great actor and his career will always do well and love will always be around the next corner. Don’t screw it up.

3. Natasha Lanthier says
    25 June 09 at 1:44pm

Jonathan, if you read this I wish you the best. I have been a fan of your work for a long time. You are a wonderfully talented actor. If you are going through a difficult time, I hope that passes and things improve.
    some Irish blessings for you:
    May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And….May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

May God grant you always a sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you. Laughter to cheer you. Faithful friends near you. And whenever you pray, Heaven to hear you.

4. Zayna says
    26 June 09 at 6:08am

Jonathan has my prayers and sincerest hopes for a healthy, happy life as always. Let’s hope that this incident is being exaggerated, as is often the case with these kinds of stories.

5. Lisa S. says
    26 June 09 at 9:36am

Jonathan, I also am a huge fan of your work. I love you in the Tudors and after I saw one episode, I was hooked, after that I have seen everything you have been in! I hope you know what a wonderful actor you are! I sincerely hope you receive the help you need in conquering your addictions! Please remember that you have fans that love and support you. I can tell you I am one of them! God Bless! I love you!

6. Karla says
    27 June 09 at 12:56am

I hope Jonathan is alright and wish him all the best.

Lots of love and God bless you JRM

7. Sofi says
    27 June 09 at 11:50am

I’ll always support you dear Jonathan…
    No matter what happens, you will always be my fauvorite!
    We know that you are going through a tough situation…
    I hope things get better for you…WE LOVE YOU JONATHAN!

8. Sarah says
    27 June 09 at 5:01pm

Jonathan, you have tremendous talent as an actor and model and I think the best is yet to come. Also you seem a wonderful caring person. But drink can be evil if it changes you as a person. Please please don’t let it ruin your life …… stay off it completely if it does that to you. I personally know what drinking can do to you. I lost my best friend through it and nearly lost the love and respect of my family. Hope you come around. All the best….

9. KAREN FINKEN says
    29 June 09 at 7:44am

I AM YOUR NUMBER 1 FAN! JUST REMEMBER WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF FEELING ALONE YOU HAVE PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF WHO CARE SO MUCH ABOUT YOU. YOUR FANS ARE WHERE YOU SHOULD FIND YOUR STRENGTH. WE WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU. GOD BLESS YOU DURING THIS HARD TIME.
    LET GOD BE WITH YOU ALWAYS. LOT OF LOVE!

10. carmen says

Jony, I am your fan in Brazil, I hope you read and learn that the world rooting for you, I love your work, I want see you doing well many movies, you are the best actor of the moment, I hope for you, kisses

11. Jeannette says

Jonny, Jonny, Jonny-what are you doing? It was so unfortunate to read the latest news in Paris. You are an amazingly talented fellow and have a long way to go in that business. Many great roles and many great years-please do what you must to get yourself grounded so that you are able to continue on with what you do best. Admittedly, I am almost old enough to be his mother and I feel so bad for the trouble he now finds himself in. He is far too talented to ruin a possible great future. Please JRM seek whatever help you need.
    Take care!

12. Spike Engima Slash says

I just wish he’d have his demons go away, in a good way.. it upsets me when he’s like this.. he’s loved by me, his tan is just like a mask when he covers it he’s so beautiful poor dear is probally feeling worn out.. alchol is no excuse to cope with these things.

13. debbie says

He really does need to deal with this problem or he is going to ruin his career.

14. Suzanne Benoit says

Dear, dear, Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Me too I could be your mother. I am a french speaking, from Montreal, Quebec, so apologize. I was just looking at you on Match Point for the, may be, sixth time, and for this time, I am just watching you. You did a great job and I think it is the one of the best movie of Woody since a long time and after, because you were in.. Better than Vicky, etc…
    I know you are working hard presently, on the Tudors. but let me tell you that I first met you on that TV show and I was really astonished (is it ok?)
    Finally, just to let you know that you are a great actor, and you must be secure about every thing that could happen in your life. So, be secure and be sure that you willl have a great career and life will provide you the best what ever you do!!! But be cool and relax. And, I”m pretty sure I don’t have to tell you again, but take care and be the best one. You know what I mean!!!

15. stefania says

Dear Jonathan,
    today I have read about your arrest…
    a friend of mine went through some difficult times: he was very angry with the world and, first of all, with himself. All of a sudden, he realised that he couldn’t go ahead in this way. the rage that he felt was a request for help…
    let me add a couple of things: there’s an alternative…there’s always an alternative.
    It’s up to you
    You are so young, talented…you have so much to give. please don’t throw away all these gifts.
    I wish all the best
    stefania
    p.s.: I’m sorry for my English

16. Jane says

Jonathan, I’m also old enough to be your Mom, and it deeply saddens me to hear this recent news. Get sober now, and dedicate your sobriety to your Mother’s memory. Don’t lose your tremendous talent and energy to alcohol or any other substance that will certainly ruin your life, and make you a pariah in your line of work! Get counseling and the help which your outbursts reveal that you so desperately need – before it’s too late. My Mom was an alcoholic who raised me, and I vowed that I would never let alcohol or drugs have power over me. There are so many people who care about you. Please, please wake up and straighten out your life…

17. 06 July 09 at 6:38pm

All my love goes out to you Jonny. I’m not sure if you read these, but if you do I hope you fell all the support from your many fans around the world. I hope everything works out for you, and whatever you choose in life, I hope it makes you happy. Please be safe and well. We’re all rooting and praying for you!!<33

18. Jet says

Dearest Jonathan, you’re just human you know. I’ll hope you have learned a lesson (a difficult one..) That’s life too..I wish you the best of the best in this time of need and I wish you lots of love, peace and happiness in your life. Please take good care of yourself. I just want to see more of you in this lifetime

19. Ersie Politi says

Wish you THE BEST!!!

with love
    Ersie from Athens

20. 09 July 09 at 10:43am

Love you, Jonathan. Please, be careful.

21. Vina says

AGAIN?! Dude, we love you, but come on. Pull yourself together. You’re getting too old for this.

22. Alexandra says

Try not to abuse yourself, love. You still have many things to enjoy. Even if you don’t feel you have a motive to reduce drinking, consider this: Don’t give that kind of pleasure to people who don’t appreciate you.

I love you very much.

Alexandra from Athens

23. Sarah HW says

Best wishes always J.. I hope all works out for you. You have great talent. If you are not in therapy maybe you could try it. Amazing how one thinks it could not help…but then you feel so much better just letting go to a stranger who has your best interest at heart and will protect you.

24. JRMsgirl says

Dear Jonny, hope it is alright to call you that. I pray every day for you and have been a while ago when you lost your mother. Jonathan, as has been said, get the inspiration from your fans who love you and don’t give these people who don’t care about you as we do the pleasure of the publicizing your own personal demons for their own ends. I too am alcohol dependent but it just makes me mellow, I don’t harm anyone but myself, I know it is dangerous to my life but know too how hard it is even trying to cut down let alone rehab and trying hard; I hit the bottle after my mum’s death too but I have a big heart (prayer) for celebrities, it is almost inevitable with their lifestyle. I want to see you around for a long time yet Jonny, you are so talented, if I make it, I pray to God for help for you, don’t throw your God given talents away to this demon or demons, pray God it is not worse, you are just about the best actor I have seen around in the same league for me as Burton. I will be praying. God bless you and the angels help and protect you. Will always “love” you no matter what.

25. Shannon says

Everyone has said everything that I wanted. So I will just add a reminder that, I believe you have the strength to go through and over come anything. You are not a lone in this world. Count on your fans we are here for support anytime you need it :) You are an amazing person. OH, and by the way Happy Birthday early!!