Jonathan taking a break

According to People, Jonathan has entered a rehab facility.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers Checks Into Rehab
TUESDAY APRIL 24, 2007 01:00 AM EDT
By Julie Jordan

Jonathan Rhys Meyers, star of Showtime’s The Tudors, has entered a rehab facility, his rep tells PEOPLE exclusively.

“After a non-stop succession of filming, Jonathan Rhys Meyers has entered an alcohol-treatment program,” rep Meredith O’Sullivan says. “He felt a break was needed to maintain his recovery.”

The 29-year-old actor, who costarred with Scarlett Johansson in Woody Allen’s Match Point last year, plays Henry VIII in The Tudors, which premiered on April 1, and recently finished filming the drama August Rush with Keri Russell, Terrence Howard and Robin Williams.

Meyers’s rep adds: “Jonathan plans to resume his schedule following completion.”

This sounds like a very proactive way for Jonathan to be at his best mentally and physically right before he starts filming the second season of “The Tudors”. This is also a chance for him to get some much needed rest before resuming his demanding schedule.

I’m sure all fans will join me in wishing him all the best!

1. mel says
    24 April 07 at 10:03am

I agree. He has been working non-stop. He deserves a break and a chance to get his health, mentally and physically, back to 100%. I wish him all the best!

2. Brittani says
    24 April 07 at 2:26pm

I will pray that Jon will get all the helps he need in this time

3. Marie says
    24 April 07 at 3:10pm

I heard this on the radio earlier today!!! I hope that you get all the rest and relaxation you need to be at your best!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!! Marie

4. Lisa says
    24 April 07 at 6:55pm

I will be sending lots of healing wishes Jonathan’s way. He needs to take it easy for a bit, a body and mind can only take so much. I hope he recovers both physically and spiritually soon. Can’t wait for the 2nd season of The Tudors!

5. Fatima says
    24 April 07 at 8:41pm

oh wow…..
    we love u jonathan…
    no matter what….

6. whatsername says
    24 April 07 at 9:40pm

Me too… I’m glad he did what he needed to do, and hope he gets back his health and peace of mind.

7. johnnydahling says
    25 April 07 at 12:22am

Same here! I do wish Jonathan all the best! And I truly respect the fact that he looks out for his welfare!! I’m also glad that he did that…he does deserve a break! Again, I wish him all the best!!
    We love you Jonathan!

8. ashley says
    25 April 07 at 7:00am

i hope he gets rest he needs -i luv him!!!

9. Steph says
    25 April 07 at 7:30am

I’m glad that he’s gone in. Many people are saying on other sites that the whole “need a break” thing is bogus. As a recovering alcoholic myself, I understand that taking a break isn’t only a good thing to do, it’s vital in recovery! Sometimes going into rehab is the only way to get your life back in order, especially if you are working non-stop or what have you. I’m proud of you Jonathan! Do what you need to do to keep yourself sober so we can all enjoy years and years of your work!

10. Melodie says
    25 April 07 at 10:58am

I hope he gets the rest he needs.

11. Stacie says
    25 April 07 at 11:11am

I wish him all the best. He is so wonderfully talented, and extremely beautiful. Anything that can help him rest and relax so that he can recoop and be the King for another season. And more power to him for taking the time to deal with this now rather than when its too far along. EVERYONE LOVE YOU, JONATHAN!!!!!

12. fatima says
    25 April 07 at 12:24pm

wishing you the best….
    we love you soooo much…

13. Alli says
    25 April 07 at 12:53pm

I wish Jonathan the best in his recovery, and I hope that he finds the solace that he needs. His performance in the Tudors is simply brilliant, come to think of it, he’s brilliant in everything.

14. 25 April 07 at 3:53pm

Showbiz & “The Industry” puts enormous demands on the lives & careers of an actor. Reaching out for help and admitting you have a problem are the first two steps towards a positive & successful recovery. Just doing it because someone else wants you to never works.

He is so young, but addiction is not-discriminatory. I pray that Jonathan desires very much to get well and stay healthy. His life depends on it. Grab hold of all that is good and use this time to find out who you are deep inside. The journey may be painful, but in the end — it will be worth it.

I, too will keep him in my prayers.

Peace & God Bless,

~Singlemom~

15. you know who I am says
    25 April 07 at 5:59pm

Get well Jonnie…

16. Raze says
    25 April 07 at 8:27pm

Will definitely be thinking of him and hoping that he gets better soon.

17. TheTudorsOnline.com says
    26 April 07 at 12:02pm

We send our support and love to JRM.
    May his recovery process be a relaxing and healthy one.
    The Staff @ The Tudors Online

18. roxanne says
    27 April 07 at 1:28pm

i hope you get better,keep your chin up and you will get there in the end, you will be in my prayers

19. Kristi Simone says
    27 April 07 at 2:54pm

You’re so hot, Jonathan…I just think that you are the most romantic guy i have ever seen in such a long time..keep looking great…

20. Stacy says
    28 April 07 at 7:54pm

It must be so hard to balance so many things and lead the life entertainers do. the pressure, the stress, the excess. We love you so much. Get well :)

21. Lore says
    29 April 07 at 4:12am

I’m french so my english is not very good but I wish all the best to Jonathan. I also had to take a break and go to an hospital for my healh and I know that is not easy. He’ll certainly never read this but we think about him and hope he will recover very good healh soon. With you Jonathan! Courage…

22. Ana - UY says
    30 April 07 at 8:02am

Dear Jonathan,
    I was so sad to hear that you entered rehab, but at the same time I was happy because you realized you had a problem and you needed help to solve it. You will succeed with this as you did with so many other things in your life. My prayers are with you and I wish you a speed recovery. Try not to get “entangled” in the movie industry… at times it seems like an octopus holding you tight without any way out. :-) Better less and good, than lots and bad, don’t you think?
    All my love and best wishes
    Ana

23. J.M says
    01 May 07 at 1:33pm

We love you, Johnny. Get well soon.

24. Rebecca says
    02 May 07 at 5:28pm

This is very sad to hear..but It will get better for him. He is smart to catch this early.

25. Mistress Marielaine says
    03 May 07 at 11:52pm

May God bless and keep JRM in His safekeeping…