Jonathan taking a break

According to People, Jonathan has entered a rehab facility.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers Checks Into Rehab
TUESDAY APRIL 24, 2007 01:00 AM EDT
By Julie Jordan

Jonathan Rhys Meyers, star of Showtime’s The Tudors, has entered a rehab facility, his rep tells PEOPLE exclusively.

“After a non-stop succession of filming, Jonathan Rhys Meyers has entered an alcohol-treatment program,” rep Meredith O’Sullivan says. “He felt a break was needed to maintain his recovery.”

The 29-year-old actor, who costarred with Scarlett Johansson in Woody Allen’s Match Point last year, plays Henry VIII in The Tudors, which premiered on April 1, and recently finished filming the drama August Rush with Keri Russell, Terrence Howard and Robin Williams.

Meyers’s rep adds: “Jonathan plans to resume his schedule following completion.”

This sounds like a very proactive way for Jonathan to be at his best mentally and physically right before he starts filming the second season of “The Tudors”. This is also a chance for him to get some much needed rest before resuming his demanding schedule.

I’m sure all fans will join me in wishing him all the best!

1. stephanie says
    10 May 07 at 1:32am

i love you jonny!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Marsha says
    10 May 07 at 12:45pm

I myself am a recovering alcoholic so I know all of the physical and mental anguish that alcoholics go through. Best wishes on a successful recovery. You did the right thing by getting help. May your higher power grant you the serenity to accept the things that you cannot change, the courage to change the things you can and the wisdom to know the difference..

I’m eagerly awaiting the next season of the Tudors.

With much love and respect,
    Marsha

3. Christine says
    11 May 07 at 11:16pm

Just watched episode 1 of The Tudors….I continue to love his work, as an actor myself, I can really appreciate a fantastic performer when I see one….best wishes to Jon for a healthy return for the next season and in all your work and life to come :)
    love and light,
    Christine

4. Sabine says
    15 May 07 at 7:31am

I wish you the best. And I hope you get well soon.
    Best wishes and god bless you.

5. robert g braun says
    21 May 07 at 1:13pm

I have been so intriqued by this actor. The Tudors Series is brilliant! I feel that Mr.Myers will become that certain actor that could easily be in the catagory of Kenneth Branaughs and Lawrence Olivias’. This is from a 57 yr. young gay man!

6. sam from cork says
    30 May 07 at 9:24am

Hi, i wish Jonathan the best of luck as im in recovery myself, i understand the pressures of it. i met jonathan about 3 years ago in cork. i was talking on something personal regarding my daughter who past away and he came up to me afterwards and shook hands. he is a sound guy and i respect him for taking action in his recovery. Best of luck, Jonathan. -Sam

7. Katherine Scarlett says
    16 June 07 at 1:32am

Take care of yourself Jon. Don’t let your bright star burn too brightly. The world is a better place with you in it. I wish you health and happiness and a chance to show off all your talents for all to see for many years. God bless you and heal you. I’m proud of your accomplishments and your will to overcome poverty and alcohol dependency.