After a lot of hard work, the new JRMfansite is now up!
I want to thank you for your patience. And big thanks to Kate and Vanessa for their feedback while I did this major redesign.
Why did it take so long?
This was not a simple makeover. I had to take a very large static site and convert it to be dynamically driven. This will make updating the site now much easier for me. But the big reason I did this was because now I can have a lot more features that I hope you will enjoy. If you view the bottom of the Credits page, you can see what is behind making the new site tick. I also upgraded the Gallery too. And well, it has not been a fast or easy process.
What’s new to the site?
- You can now comment on news and update posts
- You can search through past news and articles
- You can view news archives grouped by tags
- You can see the date when a page was last updated (on most pages)
- You can send e-cards using any images in the new Gallery
- You can rate images in the Gallery
You can comment on images in the Gallery
- You do not need to register to view the Gallery or comment on posts
Whew… that’s all I can think of right now. Only one section is not finished. The filmography section. Right now only a handful of titles link to the new pages, the rest link to the Gallery. I will be working on finishing those up but didn’t want to hold up the new site any longer. Also, expect a few other fun features in the near future.
Please let me know what you think and if you encounter any errors. All old pages will give errors since they aren’t on the server anymore. I hope you like the new and hopefully much improved JRMfansite! And expect plenty of new updates coming much sooner!